Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14oz) cans of green enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook rice accordingly.
- While rice is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and bell peppers, and saute, stirring frequently, about 3 min.
- Stir in rice, corn, black beans, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning until well combined, thickened, and heated through.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.
Please follow and like me: